Probably the most dreaded and hated thing done by students. I know I hate it! Whether you study to pass or to be well informed on something not properly explained, or be knowledgeable, etc. Studying is something that has to be done and done properly.
So if you are someone struggling to study well, here are a few tips to put you through:
- PLAN: Remember you don’t plan to fail, you fail to plan. Make out a timetable and stick to it, set reminders on your phone, prepare all the materials (textbooks, notes, highlighters snacks, etc.) you need before you start, etc.
- PREPARE YOUR MIND: Motivate yourself to study at the proper time. Write on post-it notes and stick them on places that are obvious and you can easily see.
- TIMING: Start at a pace that is more comfortable for you. If you choose to read for three hours, you can set 5-minute breaks every 25 minutes you spend reading. Doing this will slowly accustom you to read for long hours on end without even noticing!
- DON’T PROCRASTINATE: Why put off something you can do now for later? That just leaves you doing stuff at the last minute and not very well. When you study before the time you have much more space to gather more information and be well versed in the subject. So don’t start studying a day before the test or exam, when you have the opportunity to, study. Someone once said…”Procrastination is the arrogant assumption that God owes you another opportunity to do what you had time to do.”
- THE PROCESS: Start with the easiest. During study, highlight the important parts and set questions on them. Jot down new words you don’t understand and set reminders to check it out later so you don’t get sidetracked when you go on the internet. Make use of mnemonics, flashcards, abbreviate words to remember them easier. Set a timer to study for 25 min and rest for 5 min s you don’t feel overwhelmed and bored. Get help from others well versed in the subject.
- Recap: After studying, make out time to recall what you read. Answer the questions you set out, and research on the new words.
1 thought on “STUDY PROPER AND BETTER”
You must log in to post a comment.