Only logged in customers who have purchased this product may leave a review.
Sports Attendant – Selkirk College Castlegar, BC
Perform sports program services including coordinating sports related activities for students, staff and the community
- Setting up and taking down sports equipment for various activities as required
- Demonstrating the use of weights and other sports equipment
- Performing sports facility services including cleaning sports equipment
- Maintaining and repairing sports equipment to be serviceable and safe
- Ensuring equipment is properly stored and recorded
- Administrative responsibilities include booking of the gym facility, using the cash register and POS to receive payments, balancing cash, making deposits of funds received, generating revenue reports and performing general office duties
- Maintaining records for lockers and memberships
- Providing first aid treatment as required
- Performing other duties as assigned by the supervisor
Skills, Knowledge and Abilities
- This position requires a candidate with good physical condition to meet the physical demands of the job on a day-to-day basis
- The candidate will need excellent organizational skills, verbal and written communication skills and interpersonal skills
- Strong computer skills including word processing, spreadsheets, data base software
- A minimum of 40 wpm and the ability to work independently and as a member of a team
- Applicants must be prepared to travel to the Castlegar or Nelson campus as required
Education and Experience
- High School Graduation
- Successful completion of a post-secondary academic program in Physical Education and/or Recreation
- Valid BC Driver’s License
- Valid First Aid Level I certification
- A Weight Training Certificate or other related certifications would be an asset
This is an on-call position commencing August 26, 2019. Salary will be Pay Grade 3, $21.68 per hour in accordance with the PPWC Collective Agreement.
Interested and qualified applicants are invited to email their chronological resume (along with cover letter, work references and supporting documentation including diplomas and transcripts) no later than 4:00 pm on the closing date.
Closing Date: Saturday, November 16, 2019.