Only logged in customers who have purchased this product may leave a review.
GIS Co-op – FortisBC Trail, BC
This is a 4-month term starting in January 2020.
We’re looking for people who believe in integrity, teamwork, and accountability, that have the ability to apply their skills and knowledge to work situations, and are exploring the idea of a career in the Electrical Utility industry.
- Work alongside an experienced Data Integrity Coordinator and assist with creating and updating asset data in FortisBC’s GIS system.
- Spatially adjust facilities data to landbase for a targeted pilot area.
- Gain experience of how a utility company works and depends on GIS for its business processes.
- Become familiar with ArcGIS, ArcFM and other GIS applications at FortisBC.
- Become familiar with the Transmission and Distribution Electrical system within FortisBC’s service area.
Qualified applicants must have graduated high school and be entering or returning to a post-secondary technology institution with the following:
- Geographic Information Systems (GIS) Student – Second year or third year preferred
- Valid driver’s license and current abstract
- Competent public speaker
- Experience with or knowledge of ArcGIS and competence in Excel, Word and PowerPoint
- Good written and verbal communication skills
- General clerical skills including typing, drafting letters and memos
- Team player
- Good organizational skills with attention to detail
- Basic computer knowledge
- Demonstrated basic knowledge of power distribution systems and construction standards.
- Experience in an electrical utility environment an asset.