Only logged in customers who have purchased this product may leave a review.
Guest Service agent / Night Auditor – Sandman Hotel GroupStudent Jobs
Join our team and enjoy the many benefits of working for Canada’s fastest-growing, privately-owned hospitality company, including a competitive employee compensation package, diverse employee schedules, and internal corporate career advancement. If you are looking for a future career in hospitality, then the Sandman Hotel Group is for you.
The Hotel Night Auditor / Guest Service Agent will be responsible for conducting a nightly audit, balancing and consolidating departmental ledger accounts, preparation of various hotel operating reports. They are required to work through the night shift on the front desk.Time will be split between Night Auditor 2-3 days a week and Guest Service shifts 2-3 days a week.
- High School Diploma, G.E.D. or equivalent
- Completion of a two-year apprenticeship program, or a college program in front desk operations or hotel management preferred
- Experience in all aspects of customer service and people management
- Strong working knowledge of hospitality industry principles, methods, practices, and techniques
- Strong working knowledge of accounting practices and principles
- Ability to analyze and interpret the needs of clients and offer the appropriate options, solutions, and resolutions required
- Exceptional conflict resolution, negotiation, and objection handling skills
- Able to respond quickly in a dynamic and changing environment
- Able to build and maintain lasting relationships with corporate departments, key business partners, and customers
- Knowledge of cost analysis, fiscal management, and budgeting techniques
- Able to effectively communicate both verbally and in writing
- Maintain an inventory of vacancies, reservations and room assignments
- Register arriving guests and assign rooms
- Answer enquiries regarding hotel services and registration by letter, by telephone and in person, provide information about services available in the community and respond to guests’ complaints
- Compile and check daily record sheets, guest accounts, receipts and vouchers using computerized or manual systems
- Present statements of charges to departing guests and receive payment.
- Hotel security
- Post all daily room and outstanding charges.
- Take over from the evening cashier, checking and accepting float and takings.
- Accept revenue and floats from restaurant cashiers, ensuring that these are securely locked away.
- Accept and lock away keys from various departments.
- Prepare Credit Card/Charge Card summaries and post to DAB’s account.
- Maintain a high standard of personal hygiene and appearance.
- Excellent customer relations.
- Must have time-management skills.
- Adaptable to change and be able to handle multiple priorities under pressure.
- Eager and focused to exceed guest expectations.
Submission of resume does not guarantee an interview or an actual transfer. Qualified applicants areencouraged to apply, provided they meet the minimal requirements of the applicable skills required.
You must be legally entitled to work in Canada to apply as the employer does not have a Labour Market Impact Assessment (LMIA) that would support a foreign worker.
**Applications will not be accepted via email or in person.
**We thank all applicants for their interest in Career opportunities with The Sandman Hotel Group, however, only those applicants we wish to interview will receive a reply to their application.**
**ABSOLUTELY NO PHONE CALLS PLEASE**