Only logged in customers who have purchased this product may leave a review.
Food Counter Attendant – Selkirk CollegeStudent Jobs
Reporting to the Ancillary Services Manager and and utilizing a service excellence approach, the successful candidate will be responsible for kitchen duties at the College cafeterias.
Main Duties and Responsibilities
Provides food services including
- Replenishing and maintaining salad bar, soup pots, coolers, vending machines and preparing and maintaining coffee bar
- Making sandwiches, wraps, pizza, etc., and baked goods
- Providing short order line services as well as setting up/cleaning up for special events
- Delivering special orders for meetings, workshops and events; and operating kitchen equipment as required
Performs general cleaning duties including
- Setting up, operating and cleaning dishwasher
- Maintaining food service area and cafeteria in an orderly and hygienic manner
- Providing laundry services for the cafeteria; and hand washing kitchen equipment/utensils as required
- Performs other related duties as assigned by supervisor
Skills, Knowledge and Abilities
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Excellent customer service skills
Education and Experience
- High school graduation
- Completion of Food Safe Level 1 and Serving It Right Certification
- WHMIS certification and minimum 1 year related food and banquet experience
This is an on-call position commencing as soon as possible. This may be at all locations, shifts may vary from time to time. The salary is pay grade 4A– $18.18 in per hour – in accordance with the PPWC Collective Agreement.
Apply by sending your resume, cover letter and references to the email address provided.