Only logged in customers who have purchased this product may leave a review.
Bakery Associate – WalmartStudent Jobs
A Bakery Associate provides the Store with support in maintaining and zoning the bakery area, assisting with stocking and the sale of daily baked goods.
- Following the “One Best Way” Standards of practice.
- Practicing the 3 Meter Attitude.
- Answering Customer calls promptly.
- Answering register calls promptly.
- Operating the register when needed.
- Maintaining 100% in stock at all times.
- Meeting Customers’ needs by assisting them whenever possible.
- Ensuring that the department is fully stocked with merchandise and is ready for business.
- Adhering to standards and policies for cold chain compliance, thermometer calibrations, temperature recording, food handling, product rotation, sell-by dates, and expiration dates.
- Adhering to food safety and handling procedures and following sanitation and cleaning procedures.
- Prepares bakery merchandise by accurately following thawing and baking guidelines to ensure the quality and visual appearance of Bakery Department merchandise, such as bread, cakes, pies, cookies, and rolls.
- Ensuring the quality and visual appearance of Bakery Department merchandise; such as bread, cakes, pies, cookies, and rolls.
- Rotating stock and checking for expired products.
- Zoning the department.
- Ensuring the merchandise is properly signed and priced.
- Maintaining all risers properly.
- Maintaining modular labels. Additional Responsibilities
- Adheres to all company policies and standard operating procedures.
- Other responsibilities may be assigned.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Mathematical Skills
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide into all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions and decimals.
- Ability to compute rate, ratio and percent.
- Ability to determine the number of individual things in a unit or group. Basic Reading/Writing Skills.
- Ability to understand the meaning of written or printed matter and to record information by inscribing characters or symbols.
- The Associate is regularly required to walk or stand.
- The Associate must regularly lift and/or move up to 18kg (40lbs.).
- The Associate will be required to perform tasks involving firm grasping.
- The Associate will occasionally be required to bend, twist, or squat.
- The Associate will be involved in frequent repetitive hand actions.
- The Associate will be required to reach above shoulder height and below waist level.