Only logged in customers who have purchased this product may leave a review.
Accounting Assistant – Interfor CorporationStudent Jobs
Interfor is a growth-oriented lumber company with operations in Canada and the United States. We have an annual production capacity of 3 billion board feet and offer one of the most diverse lines of lumber products to customers around the world.
What We Offer
Interfor is where excellence meets opportunity. We invest in your success by positioning you alongside the best people in top quartile mill facilities located in great communities across North America. In the past decade, we’ve infused close to $1 billion into modern facilities and systems that employ the latest technologies. Interfor is one of the largest lumber companies in the world and we’re growing in exciting directions. Come be a part of our success.
We are currently recruiting for an Accounting Assistant for our sawmill in Castlegar, BC. The Accounting Assistant will be responsible for processing logging contractor pay, stumpage payments and reconciliations, and log sales in a timely and accurate manner. This position is also responsible for providing support to our Woodlands operations.
What You’ll Do
- Logging Contractor Pay – data entry, review and validate load details, correct errors; contract management and payment to contractors on semi-monthly basis.
- Process and reconcile stumpage payments.
- Invoice log sales.
- Assist and provide backup support to other accounting staff as required.
- This position is also responsible for providing accounting support to our Woodlands operations.
What You Offer
- Accounts payable or accounting related experience preferred.
- Forest industry familiarity/experience is an asset.
- Technical administrative or business training and/or related experience.
- Competency with accounting software systems.
- Knowledge of accounts payable and general accounting practices and procedures.
- Highly organized with an ability to prioritize tasks to meet tight deadlines.
- Detail oriented with the ability to multi-task.
- Proficient in data entry – ability to process a large volume of work and maintain a high level of accuracy in preparing and entering information.
- Good problem solving skills.
- Team player and self-starter with the ability to work independently.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality.
- Ability to effectively and courteously communicate information (written & verbal) and clarify requirements.
- Demonstrated proficiency with Microsoft Office applications, especially Excel.